Hello everyone, I’m back again with the MCU Quotes series. And Today I’m gonna share the best quotes from Marvel’s Hawkeye TV series.
Hawkeye premiered with 2 episodes on 24 November. And so far so good, I’m totally digging it and loving the banter between Clint and Kate Bishop.
Hailee Steinfield is just perfect as Kate. And of course, Jeremey is outstanding as usual. The comedy is subtle and I’m loving it right now. It’s more of a grounded show than what we have got till now.
So don’t expect this to be as ambitious as Loki or WandaVision. But it still remains interesting nonetheless. Anyways without any further due let’s start and check out the top quotes from the Hawkeye TV series episode wise:
Find out: Why Hawkeye never misses?
Episode 1: Never Meet Your Heroes
Plot Synopsis: Archer Kate Bishop lands in the middle of a criminal conspiracy, forcing Hawkeye out of retirement.
1. Derek Bishop: You shouldn’t eavesdrop.
Child Kate: Then how would I know what you’re saying when I’m not there.
2. Child Kate: What would you do in a hurricane?
Derek Bishop: I would do what I always do. Protect you.
3. Child Kate: What if they come back?
Eleanor Bishop: They won’t come back
Child Kate: How do you know?
Eleanor Bishop: Because the heroes showed what would happen. And even though this is scary, I’m still the luckiest woman in the world. Because I have the greatest little girl in the world.
4. Child Kate: I need to protect us.
Eleanor Bishop: Kate, that’s my job. Okay? Whatever you need, I’m here for you.
Child Kate: I need a bow and arrow.
Well, to be fair, If I saw someone holding his ground against an alien invasion with a bow and arrow I’d be pretty damn interesting to take up archery too.
5. “Sometimes you gotta dress the part”. — Kate Bishop
6. Kate Bishop: Oh, my God! That was amazing! Wow!
7. “That’s fine. Right? I mean, it gives it character. All famous bells have cracks in them. All right, that’s, uh, that’s not great. But it could be worse. This is bad.” — Kate Bishop
8. Lila Barton: Did you turn off your hearing aid?
Clint Barton: No, honey, I know what happens. I was there. You know who wasn’t there? Is that guy. Ant-Man.
9. Lila Barton: You know it’s fine if you don’t wanna watch the show. I mean… I know everyone misses her but she was your best friend.
10. Kate: What are we looking all fancy for?
Eleanor: Charity Auction.
Eleanor: I know, right? All those poor people and nonprofits relying on the more fortunate.
Kate: That is not what I meant, and you know it.
11. Eleanor: As much as I love having you home for the holidays, I am not thrilled that I’m about to replace an irreplaceable clock tower.
Kate: It was a bell tower.
Eleanor: The Dean said it had a bell and a clock, and overachiever that you are, you managed to destroy both.
12. “I know that young people think they’re invincible, and rich people think they’re invincible and you’ve always been both. So take it from someone who hasn’t, you’re not. You will get hurt. So please don’t go out looking for it.” — Eleanor
13. Jack: What an unexpected surprise.
Kate: All surprises are unexpected.
Jack: That can’t be right. Is it?
14. Lila: Check it out. Ninja saved a dog.
15. Kate: You’re…You’re Hawkeye.
Clint: And who the hell are you?
Checkout: Marvel’s What If…? Quotes
Episode 2: Hide and Seek
Plot Synopsis: Clint has to help Kate disentangle herself from the Tracksuit mafia and a real-life murder mystery.
16. Clint Barton: So where’d you learn to fight?
Kate: I, uh, started taking martial arts when I was five.
Clint Barton: Wow. So, like, a year ago?
17. Kate Bishop: Are… are you assessing threats? Is that what you’re doing?
Barton: Something like that.
Kate: So, that’s how you operate? You’re just constantly looking for things that are suspicious or weird?
18. Kate: Look, just so you know, I’m not some total noob, right? I know I was a little overwhelmed, but I held my own with those douchebags. You know some people have actually called be the world’s greatest archer.
Clint: Yeah? Are you one of those people?
19. “A 22-year-old vigilante. Shouldn’t you be in school? — Hawkeye
20. Clint Barton: Are you ok? By the way?
kate Bishop: I’m good. Oh, yeah, no, I’m fine. You should see the other guys.
21. “You were on fire. Like a little shish kebab.” — Tracksuit Man
22. Clint Barton: Look, I gotta find a place to stash you. Safe. So I can recover the suit and clean your mess.
Kate Bishop: Stash me? I’m not a bag of money.
Clint Barton: No, you’re not. A bag of money would be useful to me.
Kate Bishop: I actually do know a place about 10 blocks away. Would a bag of money know a place?
23. Hawkeye: Since when did everybody start saying, “I love you,” to everybody all the time?
Kate: That was my mom. Since when did your heart shrink three sizes?
Hawkeye: When a little girl in a ninja costume stole my Christmas.
24. Clint: What’s this?
Kate: Oh, I started to describe, um, what I could remember of the Tracksuits’ faces.
Clint: I guess you aren’t an art major.
25. “It’s been less than 24 hours, you’ve been on the news twice. Impressive.” — Hawkeye
26. Kate Bishop: I’m gonna be late, thanks to you.
Clint Barton: You’re gonna be alive ’cause of me.
27. Kate: Hey, look, that one’s you.
Clint Barton: No. That’s Katniss Everdeen.
Kate: Your problem is Branding.
Clint: No, my problem is you. And this ninja suit and the people are trying to kill you because of it. The whole thing’s a problem that I’m gonna solve today, so I can go to my family.
Kate: No, it’s branding.
28. Kate: Your whole thing is that you’re low-key. It’s a very hard brand to sell.
Clint: Well, I’m not really trying to sell anything.
29. “It should technically make you cooler, but with all the scary stuff that’s happened since the Avengers appeared, people don’t want that cynical cool thing anymore. They want sincerity. Not self-seriousness, but heart-on-your sleeve sincerity. You are very contained. Keep your card close to your vest which you wear over a suit of armor and, like, 16 other layers of self-protection. All of which, under, finally, is your heart. So, not exactly on your sleeve.” — Kate Bishop
30. Clint Barton: Again, not really trying to sell anything.
Kate Bishop: But you do, anyway.
Clint Barton: Yeah, okay, Kate. Um, what am I selling, then, huh? It’s certainly not Halloween costumes or toys off the shelf.
Kate Bishop: Inspiration, Clint.
31. Jack: I bought a book. About being a stepdad.
Kate: Money well spent, Jack.
32. Jack: I think a common interest is a very fertile ground for bonding.
33. “Sorry for scaring you into telling the truth.” — Kate Bishop
34. “Guys, I can see through the bag.” — Clint Barton
35. Hawkeye: Uh, look, guys, I’m not who you think I am. Okay?
Thomas: So, you’re not Hawkeye.
Hawkeye: I guess I am who you think I am. Uh, I’m not the guy you’re looking for.
36. “Oh, wow. Didn’t realize we were supposed to bring guns.” — Kate Bishop
37. “Bro, I found her.” — Ivan
Related: Netflix’s Daredevil Quotes
Episode 3: Echoes
Plot Synopsis: After escaping a new threat, Clint and Kate join forces against an expanding criminal conspiracy.
38. “But remember, for your match, it’s more about speed than size.” — Willie Horse
39. Willie Horse: (to Maya in sign language) Fly away from here… little dragon.
40. Dmitri: You like your pony, Hawkeye.
Ivan: Just keep going, and going, and going. I love it.
Enrique: I love it, bro. Look at Hawkeye!
Ivan: Where’s your arrow now?
Enrique: Pew, pew.
Ivan: Big, strong Hawkeye riding prony.
Enrique: They should smile more. This is fun for us too, you know.
41. Kate Bishop: Seems like you’re mad at me. Look I know it doesn’t look like that right now, but you’d be lost without me you realize that?
Clint Barton: I was about to clear your name from the suit until you decided to crash through the skylight.
42. “I mean, look on the bright side. You don’t have to go see Imagine Dragons.” — Kate Bishop
43. Kate: Hmm See? A little trust, little communication, little listening…
Kate: Basic Human stuff. You know what I think?
Ivan: You know what I think? Hmm? I think you talk too much. Blah Blah Blah Blah… She’s always like this? Maybe I rip out your throat. Hmm? Or maybe she will? (referring to Maya)
44. “Hard of hearing, not deaf.” — Hawkeye
Find out: How Hawkeye lost his hearing in comics?
45. Maya: (in sign language) You rely too much on Technology.
Clint: Well, my go-to weapon is two sticks and a string, so…
Kazi: No, she means your hearing aid.
Maya: You might find you’re better off without it.
Clint: Yeah, sometimes I think that very same thing.
46. “Now the suit. She put it on by accident. She did not know what it means. She’s not Ronin. Look at her. She’s nine. And spoiled rotten.” — Hawkeye
47. Maya: Just because she’s not the Ronin does mean that Ronin’s not back.
Clint: That’s just a rumor.
Maya: How do you know?
Clint: Because he’s dead.
Maya: So, who got him, then?
Clint: Black Widow.
Maya: So Ronin is dead the person who killed him is dead. That’s convenient. How do you know this?
Clint: ‘Cause I was there.
48. “Listen to me know’s not the time to get scared. We’re gonna get out of this. You go back to living your life, I’ll go back to my family. You’re gonna harness that over-confidence of yours, okay? This ridiculous over-confidence, you remember that one?” — Hawkeye
49. Ivan: Hawkeye, come out and play.
50. “I was doing fine.” — Kate Bishop
51. Clint: We need a car.
Kate: Oh, can we take this one? Man, this thing’s beautiful.
Clint: I’m not smashin’ a ’72 challenger. Come on… Youth.
52. Clint: We’re out of regular arrows.
Kate: What do you mean, we’re… Oh, my God, trick arrows?
Clint: Definitely not this one…
Kate: Don’t say definitely like that.
Clint: Not this one. This is too dangerous.
Kate: This one fine? I am using this one.
Clint: Hey, be careful.
Kate: I was born careful.
Clint: They’re not regular arrows.
53. “A plunger arrow? What is the trick? That it’s completely useless?” — Kate Bishop
54. “And the challenger gets totaled anyway.” — Clint Barton
55. Clint: (to Kate Bishop) You’re not wrong… call yourself one of the world’s greatest archers.
56. Kate: (text to Clint) Good thing they call you HawkEYE and not HawkEAR.
Clint: (laughs drily)Ha Ha Ha. Block. Delete.
57. Kate: Look, I know this may sound weird, but I’ve dreamed of this for as long as I can remember. My dad was fearless. And his whole life was about helping people. When I put that suit on, I thought, “This is it. This is the moment I become who I am supposed to be.”
Clint: I remember the day I thought the same thing. You know, it’s, uh… It comes with a price.
Kate: What does?
Clint: This life you wanna live. To really help people. I mean, try to help people, anyway. Comes with a lot of sacrifices. And some things you’ll lose forever.
Kate: Well, there’s also things you gain, like trick arrows and a cool costume.
58. Kate: You need a more recognizable costume.
Clint: You realize that my job for the last 20 years was to be not recognizable, right?
Kate: Well, you’ve officially failed at that.
59. “There’re several reasons why I’d never wear a flashy costume. My job is to be, number one, a ghost. Numer two, my wife would divorce me if I put something like this on. And number three, uh… I’m not a role model. I’m sorry, Kate. I’m not a role model to anyone. Never have been.” — Clint Barton
60. “What? Yes, you are. You are… You came here. You left your family at Christmas because you thought some stranger was gonna get hurt. You stuck around even though I screwed up. And now you’re stuck.” — Kate Bishop
61. Kate: Whether you like it or not, the Tracksuits have connected us both to Ronin, and it’s pretty clear they’re not just gonna drop this.
Clint: Well, that you are not wrong about.
Kate: Note to mention the fact that my Mom might be marrying a murderer.
Clint: And then there’s that.
Kate: As far as I’m concerned, we’re in this together.
62. Clint: So, you still think Jack is involved somehow?
Kate: Yes. There’s too many coincidences. He was at the auction that night, and yesterday he offered me a butterscotch.
Clint: (after a pause) Not exactly a crime.
Must See: Top Quotes from Loki Series
Episode 4: Partners, Am I Right?
Plot Synopsis: Secrets are revealed and hard truths emerge, culminating in a battle against two opposing forces.
63. “What the hell is going on? And Why is there an Avenger in my dining room?” — Eleanor
64. Jack: Oh, my God. You’re… You’re Archer.
Kate Bishop: Hawkeye.
Kate Bishop: It’s the Branding issue, I’m telling you.
65. Kate Bishop: He’s my partner.
Clint Barton: We’re not partners.
Kate Bishop: Well, we’re friends-slash-partners.
Clint Barton: I wouldn’t really describe us as friends.
66. Kate Bishop: You’ll never get anything out of him. See CB-One has trouble opening up.
Clint Barton: Nobody calls me CB-one.
Kate Bishop: I’m just tryin’ it out for a second.
Probably some early childhood thing. He thinks he doesn’t tell me much, but he ends up telling me all of it.
Clint Barton: I tell her nothing.
Kate Bishop: I think it’s ’cause I’m generally pretty chill. I’m not like, “Oh, my God, Hawkeye!” Clint Barton: Definitely not chill.
67. Eleanor: She is not a superhero.
Clint: Oh, yeah. Come on, I already knew that. She’s pretty good at all this, but…
Eleanor: Natasha Romanoff was pretty damn good at it, wasn’t she? Being good isn’t always enough to keep you alive.
68. “It’s been a rough week for my family. But I am letting you know that I cannot lose Kate. I’ve lost people before. I know in your line of work, you have, too.” — Eleanor Bishop
69. “I can knock somebody unconscious with that, like, 20 feet away. I’d would use a quarter or nickel. A dime is too light.”
70. Kate: Best shot you ever took?
Clint: The one I didn’t take.
71. Clint: It’s about the time I met someone. I was sent to take her out. And when I got there, when it was time… I couldn’t do it. I just had this feeling that she wanted out. Turns out, I was right.
Kate: You mean Natasha.
Clint: She was the best there was.
72. “It’s all right. When you do what I do for a living, it… It’s just a game of managing your loss, right?” — Clint Barton
73. Clint: Everybody dealt with the Blip in their own way. I continued doing what I was trained to do.
Kate: Protect people.
Clint: Hurting people. Investigating first, but in the end, my job has always been to hurt people.
Kate: You were a hero.
Clint: I was a weapon. I was aimed by the right people at the right targets, so…
Kate: Look, you made mistakes, but those are behind you.
Clint: No, it is tied to me. Tied to my family. That’s why I’m here. And I can’t go home till I fix it.
74. Clint: Look I know you have Maya’s ears and you seem like you’re reasonably not a stupid guy.
Kazi: If you’re trying to flatter me, you are way off the mark.
75: “Kate, you always wanna prioritize a quick exit over a quick entrance so when things go sideways, and they usually do, you have an exit strategy.” — Hawkeye
76. “That’s not fair, that your inability to act like a grown-up helps you get your way.” — Clint Barton
77. Clint: This has gotten very real, very quickly. So I’m doing this alone.
Kate: Look, I know that tonight didn’t go as planned, but I chose to be here. I understand the risk, I understand all of that.
Checkout: Hawkeye quotes from his MCU journey
Episode 5: Ronin
Plot Synopsis: A fallout nearly derails their partnership, but Kate makes a discovery that changes everything.
78. “God, I thought I could do anything. I really thought I could be one of them.” — Kate Bishop
79. “Sometimes, the paths we’re on, they wind around in ways that we never would have expected. All you can do is keep moving forward, even on days when honestly, it all just kind of feels like shit.” — Eleanor Bishop
80. Kate Bishop: He’s still an Avenger.
Yelena: What does that word even mean huh? That it holds so much power. You call him a hero no matter what he does?
Kate Bishop: It means that when you choose to spend your life trying to help people, there are going to be things that you lose. When you face the kind of threats that he has, there’s going to be collateral damage.
Yelena: My sister is gone because of him. She is gone. Is she collateral damage?
81. However he convinced you about who he is or how many people think or call him a hero, the truth is it doesn’t matter. We’re defined by what we do. Not by nice words. Like it or not, there’s no escaping this. — Yelena Belova
82. Natasha, I really need to talk to you right now. You were the bravest of us all, weren’t you? Loyal, stubborn. You always had to win, didn’t you? And for a stupid orange rock. I replayed that a million times in my head hoping for a different outcome. But I do my best every day to earn what you gave me. Just wanna say I’m… Just wanna say I miss you. And I’m so sorry for what I’m about to do. — Clint Barton
83. Maya: You’re a Monster.
Hawkeye: We’re weapons. But when you’re filled with rage it makes you blind. It could be used, could be manipulated. Trust me, I know.
84. Clint Barton: What is it? Kate?
Kate Bishop: (shows a photo on her phone) Look at this. Who’s that with my mom?
Clint Barton: Well, that’s the guy I’ve been worried about this whole time. Kingpin.
Checkout: Incredible Quotes of Hulk
Episode 6: So This is Christmas?
Plot Synopsis: Clint and Kate’s partnership is tested as they face the consequences of exposing the conspiracy.
85. “There are no lies in this business.” — Kingpin
86. Kate: Clint, this is my mess to clean up. You should go home, you should be with your family. You can still make it in time for Christmas.
Clint: Kate, you are my partner. Your mess is my mess. I’m not going anywhere until this is finished.
87. Kingpin: The Ronin is running around the city. An Avenger has taken an outsized interest in our operations, and the Bishop woman, she thinks she can quit her job, as if she works for Goldman Sachs. And Maya… My Maya… She’s turned on us.
Kingpin: What will we do about it? The people need to be reminded that the city belongs to me.
88. When I was younger, aliens invaded. And I was alone. And I was terrified. But then I saw you, fighting aliens with a stick and a string. I saw you jump from that building even though you can’t fly, even though you don’t have superpowers. And I thought, if he could do that, then I didn’t have to be scared. You showed me that being a hero isn’t just for people who can fly or shoot lasers out of their hands, it’s for anyone who’s brave enough to do what’s right, no matter the cost. — Kate Bishop
89. I’m not here to ruin anything. I’m just going to kill Barton, have some appetizers, and then I’ll go. — Yelena Belova
90. This is some Christmas. — Clint Barton
91. Yelena Belova: (Clint whistles) How do you know that?
Clint Barton: Your secret whistle with Nat. She talked about you all the time, Nat.
Yelena Belova: She did? What did she say?
Clint Barton: She told me about how you got separated as kids. She was flying that plane. I asked her if she was scared. All she could think about is that you were safe. That never changed, Yelena. She loved you. And always wanted you safe.
Yelena Belova: You got so much time with her.
Clint Barton: Yes, I did.
Yelena Belova: It shouldn’t have gone this way. If I was there, I could have stopped it. I could have… I could have changed it.
Clint Barton: Nothing was gonna stop her, Yelena. You know.
92. Yelena Belova: Why would she sacrifice herself for you? Why do you deserve it?
Clint Barton: I don’t.
Yelena Belova: So she died because you let her.
Clint Barton: I fought for it. Because she was better than me.
Yelena Belova: You should’ve fought harder.