Winter Soldier is back with The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series. And here I’m today with looking back at the best quotes of Bucky Barnes from his MCU Journey till now.
We all loved Sebastian Stan’s portrayal of the character. I mean how can someone forget the Winter Soldier appearance from Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie. He instantly became the favorites of many.
Not that he wasn’t popular already as he was already known to be one of the best anti-heroes from Marvel, but seeing that transition from page to screen was a delight to many. So without any further delay let’s get started with this article:
Top Winter Soldier Quotes From Captain America Trilogy
First and foremost let’s see the best quotes of Bucky Barnes aka The Winter Soldier from the Original Captain America Trilogy which includes The First Avengers, The Winter Soldier, and Civil War.
1. Steve Rogers: Where are we going?
Bucky Barnes: The future.
2. “I had him on the ropes.” — James Buchanan Barnes
3. Steve Rogers: I should be going with you. Look, I know you don’t think I can do this.
James Barnes: This isn’t a back alley, Steve. It’s war!
4. Bucky Barnes: Don’t do anything stupid until I come back.
Steve Rogers: How can I? You’re taking all the stupid with you.
5. Bucky Barnes: Steve.
Steve Rogers: I thought you were dead.
Bucky Barnes: I thought you were smaller.
6. James Barnes: What happened to you?
Steve Rogers: I joined the Army.
7. Bucky Barnes: Did it hurt?
Steve Rogers: A little.
Bucky Barnes: Is this permanent?
Steve Rogers: So far.
8. (to steve, after seeing Schmidt’s face behind the mask)
“You don’t have one of those, do you?” — Bucky Barnes
9. (Looking down a long zip line)
Bucky Barnes: Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone on Coney Island?
Steve Rogers: Yeah, and I threw up?
Bucky Barnes: This isn’t payback, is it?
Steve Rogers: Now why would I do that?
10. Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
Bucky Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I’m following him.
11. Steve Rogers: Thank you, Buck, but I can get by on my own.
Bucky Barnes: The thing is, you don’t have to. I’m with you ’til the end of the line, pal.
12. Steve Rogers: Bucky?
Winter Soldier: Who the hell is Bucky?
13. Bucky Barnes: Can you move your seat up?
Sam Wilson: No.
14. Zemo: Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight Car… Soldier?
Bucky Barnes: …Ready to comply.
15. Steve Rogers: You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead.
Bucky Barnes: What was her name again?
Steve Rogers: Dolores. You called her Dot.
Bucky Barnes: She’s gotta be a hundred years old right now…
Steve Rogers: So are we, pal.
16. Bucky Barnes: What’s gonna happen to your friends?
Captain America: Whatever it is… I’ll deal with it.
Bucky Barnes: I don’t know if I’m worth all this to you.
Captain America: What you did all those years, it wasn’t you. You didn’t have a choice.
Bucky Barnes: I know… but I did it.
17. “I can’t trust my own mind.” — Bucky Barnes
18. Bucky Barnes: I am not the only Winter Soldier.
Must See: Best Vision Quotes from MCU
Best Bucky Barnes Quotes from Avengers Movies
Now let’s check out the best Quotes of James Buchanan from the Avengers Movies. Though, he only appeared in two Avengers movies i.e., Infinity War and Endgame. And even then he was only briefly in the Endgame.
19. T’Challa: This one may be tired of war, but the White Wolf has rested long enough.
Bucky Barnes: Where’s the fight?
T’Challa: On its way.
20. T’Challa: You will have my King’s Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and…
Bucky Barnes: A semi-stable hundred-year-old man.
Steve Rogers: How’ve you been, Buck?
Bucky Barnes: Oh, not bad for the end of the world.
21. Rocket Raccoon: How much for the gun?
Bucky Barnes: Not for sale.
Rocket Raccoon: Okay, then how much for the arm? Oh, I’ll get that arm.
22. Steve Rogers: Don’t do anything stupid until I come back.
Bucky Barnes: How can I? You’re taking all the stupid with you.
Marvelous Bucky Barnes Quotes from Marvel Phase 4
Let’s see his quotes from Marvel’s Phase 4 and beyond. Although, right now we’ve only got him in the Disney+ TV series, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.
But this list will be updated as we get more of him. I have already shared top quotes from The Falcon and The Winter Soldier show, make sure to check that out as well.
23. Dr. Raynor: So, now that you’ve stopped fighting, what do you want?
Bucky Barnes: Peace
Dr. Raynor: That is utter bullshit.
Bucky Barnes: You’re a terrible shrink.
24. Bucky Barnes: What was rule number two?
Dr. Raynor: Nobody gets hurt. It’s a big one.
Bucky Barnes: Then why isn’t rule number one?
25. “This is new for me. okay? I didn’t have a moment to deal with anything. I only had a little calm in Wakanda. And other than that, I just went from one fight to another for 90 years.” — Bucky Barnes
26. Sam Wilson: Look at you. All stealthy. A little time in Wakanda and you come out White Panther.
Bucky Barnes: It’s actually White Wolf.
27. “You ever jump on top of a grenade?” — Bucky Barnes
28. Bucky Barnes: Why did you give up that shield?
Sam: Why are you making such a big deal out of something that has nothing to do with you?
Bucky Barnes: Steve believed in you. He trusted you. He gave you that shield for a reason. That shield that is… that is everything he stood for. That is his legacy. He gave you that shield, and you threw it away like it was nothing.
Sam: Shut up.
Bucky: So maybe he was wrong about you. And if he was wrong about you, then he was wrong about me.
29. Sam Wilson: I assume you’re not gonna move your seat up.
Bucky Barnes: No.
30. Baron Zemo: Don’t worry. I’ve decided I’m not going to kill you.
Bucky Barnes: Imagine my relief.
31. “Sorry, I was, uh, I was texting and so, all I heard was, um, ‘a Black guy in stars and stripes.” — Bucky Barnes
So guys these were some of the Top quotes which I particularly think are amazing. This list will expand as Bucky continues his journey in the MCU phase 4 which he most definitely will.
As he is gonna be a member of Thunderbolts in the MCU. Anyways, hope you guys liked this article, feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.