New SpiderMan Deal : Rumored to have 7 more movies
It is being rumored that Disney has offered Sony another deal over keeping SpiderMan in the MCU. This includes a seven-picture deal, new Avengers films, an appearance at the D23 Expo and more.
The info comes from TVO from the Lords of the Long Box YouTube channel. Whose insider source who has connections at Disney Marvel.
Major Points Rumoured about this deal :
- A 6-picture deal with Tom Holland, with an option for a 7th.
- There are three more Spider-Man films after Spider-Man 3, which will be a new trilogy.
- The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker’s college year. Which will include plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice-Man of the X-Men. This will be based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon.
- The other three movies are two Avengers films in which Spider-Man will have a larger role and become friends with Johnny Storm (Human Torch from the Fantastic Four). As we have already discussed how Fantastic four are coming in MCU.
- Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance all Spider-Man related movies for 30% of the full profits (Disney previously wanted 50%, but Sony said no, which led to the talks falling apart).
- Sony would distribute, but Disney will acquire exclusive digital and online rights for Disney Plus and affiliated TV networks.
- Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance SpiderVerse live-action spinoffs under the same terms.
- Venom will relocate into the MCU.
- Sony will be given permission for TV live-action programs based on SpiderVerse properties (Sony only has film rights to SpiderMan, but needs permission from Disney for TV rights)
- Disney wants the deal to be done before Saturday’s Marvel panel at D23 Expo.
- Spider-Man will be a part of D23 Expo panel.
While this Deal sounds to be too good to be True and hard to believe. Also Tom Holland shared a pic which further strengthen up the rumour.
Also See : Far From Home Extended cut Leaked
Tom Holland shared This on Instagram :
Our Spider-Man aka Tom Holland shared these pic on his Instagram Account. With the caption “We did it Mr. Stark“. Either he knows something which fans don’t or he just don’t care whether he remain in MCU or not and he just Hanging around. Later one is less likely to be true Because we all know how he calls RDJ the GOD Father, and how much he loves the MCU.
However, you guys should take all these rumours about this SpiderMan Deal with a grain of salt. Apparently D23 expo is also coming. As a result, we will get Full info about whether this Deal is even Happening or not.
- Both Tom Holland and Zendaya unfollowed Sony on Instagram. Means they wants to stay with the MCU.
- If any another company Purchases Sony (like Apple). Then the Spider-Man film rights would go back to Disney, which Disney would love.
- Disney wants to outclass Netflix. They want to dominate the streaming world making their shareholders happy, which includes Marvel Studios now working with Marvel TV.
Disney-Sony Previous Talks about the Deal
Apparently what started everything with the previous talks between Disney and Sony falling apart. Reportedly Disney wanted a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between the studios.
That would extend to other Spider-Man related films, and that Disney would also get 50% of the box office, with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige getting full producer credit.
However, It’s said Sony wanted to keep their initial deal with Disney, which saw Disney only get a minuscule amount off the top of the box office gross for the solo films.
While Marvel would still produce the solo Spider-Man films, but that Spidey would still be able to be used as appearances in other MCU movies, while Disney also gets all the merchandising revenue.
Reportedly, Sony didn’t accept the Disney offer of 50%, with Disney not wanting to renew the current contract, which led to talks falling apart.