Comic book fans of Frank Castle aka the Punisher were delighted when he made his way into the Daredevil show in season 2 and I am one of them. John Bernthal as Punisher was so good that he literally stole the show from Daredevil.
Especially that moral conflict between Matt (Daredevil) and Frank (Punisher), the quotes, and everything was just exceptional. And with that performance, it wasn’t long before Punisher got his own show and captured millions of hearts all over the world.
This show is considered one of the best superheroes shows to ever exist. The Punisher has given has a lot of quotes that make this show more memorable to us. Here are some of the best quotes from the show I personally loved:
Best Quotes from The Punisher Season 1
1. Billy Russo: Ours is not to reason why, Frankie boy. Ours is but to do or die.
Frank Castle: That’s from a poem about a bunch of guys who got their asses handed to ’em on the back of bad intel, right?
2. “How we deal with disappointments is what decides the person we are.” — Farah Madani
3. “Sometimes I think the only way to get by this world is to step off it for a while.” — Billy Russo
4. Dinah Madani: Think I’m that shallow?
Sam Stein: Oh, we’re all that shallow. It’s why pretty people rule the world.
5. “There’s nothing like a nice smile to let them know you give a shit.” — Billy Russo
6. “Have you ever turned your phone off just so you can stop hoping it’ll ring?” — Sarah Lieberman
7. “Remember it is ruin to run from a fight, so take open order, lie down and sit tight and wait for support like a soldier. Wait, wait, wait like a soldier.” — Lewis Wilson
8. “One Batch, Two Batch. Penny and Dime.”
9. “When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains, And the women come out to cut up what remains, just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains, and go to your God like a soldier. Go, go, go like a soldier.” — Lewis Wilson
Related: Best Quotes from Netflix’s Daredevil
10. David Lieberman: You would rather be dead than feeling? Frank Castle, the Punisher, on a suicide mission because, what, he doesn’t like when, uh, he gets his feelings hurt?
Frank Castle: Damn. I am not gonna miss the sound of your voice.
[Goes to leave, David stands in his way]
Frank Castle: What are you doing?
David Lieberman: That skull? That’s a momento mori. It’s Latin for “Remember, you will die. “In Rome, victorious generals, they would return from war, and so they didn’t get blinded by glory, they would have a slave behind them that would just say, “Remember, you are only human. You are gonna die.”
Frank Castle: Well, that sounds good to me.
David Lieberman: Well, it’s meant as an admonition to value your life, to live it well.
Frank Castle: Move, David.
David Lieberman: All right. You do what you gotta do.
Frank Castle: That’s right.
David Lieberman: Just one more thing. What about them? What about Zach and Leo? And Sarah? You know when we first started this, it wasn’t about the dead, it was about the living.
11. David Lieberman: [to Frank] I think purple might be your color. It really matches your eyes.
12. [Frank scars Russo’s face and breaks his arm]
Billy Russo: Kill me.
Frank Castle: I’m not gonna let you die today.
Billy Russo: Please…
Frank Castle: Dying’s easy. You’re gonna learn about pain.
[smashes him into the mirror several times]
Frank Castle: You’re gonna learn about loss! Every morning, I look for ’em, Bill. I look for ’em… but then I remember. It’s gonna be the same for you. When you look at your ugly, mangled face. You’re gonna remember what you did. You’re gonna remember, Bill! YOU’RE GONNA REMEMBER ME!
13. “If you’re gonna look at yourself, as soon as you look in the mirror, you gotta admit who you are. But not just to yourself, you gotta prove it to everybody else.” — Frank Castle
The Punisher Season 2 Top Quotes
14. “You just point and shoot. There’s no safety. If you run out of bullets, it probably means we’re both dead.” — Frank Castle
15. They died from terminal stupidity. — Frank Castle
16. “Frank, you can’t just kill people when you feel like it.” — Dina Madani
17. Sheriff Hardin: Thirteen trained killers?
Frank Castle: I guess not so much.
18. Amy Bendix: He killed everybody that I cared about. How do you think that feels?
19. “Call me old-fashioned. I don’t work with Russians.” — Frank Castle
20. “You decide someone deserves to be gone, and b/ang, they’re gone. No second thoughts, no qualms, no conscience. And then on you go, happy and safe on your… I guess at least borderline psychopathic, merry way.” — Dina Madani
21. “This is such a total flustercluck.” — Amy Bendix
22. Frank Castle: That’s the thing with Bill. He’s always alone.
23. “Well, sh*t. Looks like the gang’s all here.” — Dina Madani
24. Karen Page: It doesn’t matter what you did. It doesn’t change how I feel about you.
Frank Castle: It should.
Karen Page: It doesn’t.
25. “I just I wanted to be with them. But that day, we went to that park, and the kids were too old for that stupid carousel, but that day they just laughed, you know? They were laughing. We were all laughing like idiots. And then And that laughter, it stuck with me, you know? After I lost them, it would just It would echo, you know? It was over and over. And it wasn’t just in my dreams. It was, like It was in my heart, you know? And I just I wanted to hold onto it. I wanted to live in it and just hear that laughter, but thing is, I can’t hear it anymore. It’s all I had. It’s gone.” — Frank Castle
26. Frank Castle: Look, I know you. All right? You’re brave. You’re strong, all right. But you are so goddamn stubborn, and you will throw everything away for me, and I cannot let that happen, all right?
Karen Page: So, it’s okay for them to risk everything, but not me?
Frank Castle: Karen, don’t do that.
27. “Frank is not a criminal. He is not a hero either. He’s just… He’s Frank.” — Dina Madani
28. “He’s… the Punisher; he’s going to, like, righteously pull your spine out of your throat.” — Amy Bendix
29. “I know who you are, you’re the whirlwind.” — John Pilgrim
30. Frank Castle: [shouts] Hey!
Frank Castle: I’ll dance with you.
[Frank pulls out two assault rifles from his trench-coat and starts shooting the gang members while shouting a warcry]
So guys these were some of the best quotes from the Punisher show. It was a bummer that all of Netflix’s Marvel show got canceled. I really hoped to see more of Daredevil and Punisher. Anyways, let me know what’s your favorite quote from the show in the comment section below.